for those looking for something yum & suitable for passover this is one of the best desserts/treats ever! (And I reckon it’s for eating ALL year round!)
- 2 cups coarsely crumbled matzos
- 1 1/2 cups sliced almonds
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup packed light-brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 325F/160C degrees. Line a large rimmed baking sheet with parchment. In a bowl, toss matzo pieces with almonds.
- In a saucepan, bring butter, sugar, salt, and 2 tablespoons water to a boil over medium, stirring constantly. Working quickly, drizzle matzo mixture with syrup, and toss.
- Using a heatproof spatula, spread mixture onto prepared sheet. Bake until golden, about 30 minutes. Remove from oven; sprinkle with chocolate chips. Let chocolate melt 5 minutes; spread chocolate over matzo toffee. Refrigerate until chocolate has set. Break into pieces, and serve.