slow roasted green beans. it’s time you came to visit.
Recipe by Bon Appetit:
- 2 1/2 pounds tender green beans, trimmed
- 3 bunches scallions, trimmed with 1-inch green tops still attached, halved lengthwise
- 6 large garlic cloves, each cut lengthwise into 4 slices
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh sage leaves
- 1 tablespoon fresh rosemary leaves
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme leaves
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
Preheat oven to 375°. Combine first 8 ingredients in a large bowl and season with pepper. Toss to evenly incorporate. Transfer beans to a large rimmed baking sheet.
Roast beans, stirring every 10 minutes, until wilted, shrunken, and browned at edges, about 1 hour. (You may need to stir more often toward end for even browning.)