How can you add lightness?
How can you let the light into your homes, bodies and lives?
We’ve been exploring living lighter this week, so today I’m ruminating on light, lighting and lightness.
As I tend to live in my head, I’m currently playing with sharing visuals and simpler words.
Below are some of my answers. Perhaps they resonate with some of yours, too.
How can we add light and be lighter in our homes and lives?
Some possible answers in words:
- lighter materials; see-through materials, lighter colours and textiles.
- reflective surfaces: mirrors, high gloss paint, glass
- lighting: different warmth light-bulbs, change out light fixtures. Use up lights, down lights, ceiling lights, pendant lights, floor lamps, side lamps, string lighting.
- light candles; light a fire.
- lighter furniture
- empty spaces
- taking breaks
- open and add windows, knock through walls, add skylights, add a conservatory or greenhouse
- eat food that make us feel good, make happy memories in our homes
- invite happy people over or people who make us laugh
- add objects or art that make us laugh
- filling our homes, bodies and lives with people and things + empty spaces that let us breathe and shine