Did you know it’s Clean Out Your Refrigerator Day on Saturday?
Well, now you do!
I often laugh that there seems to be a billion different “days” every year. I also laughed when I realised that unless there’s a sexy smeg you will almost NEVER see a fridge in a kitchen pic in a glossy magazine or pinterest. (Yet another reason to enjoy the inspiration but love where you are). But this weekend I realised there was “Clean Out Your Refrigerator Day” and I’m getting on the bandwagon. I’m even ignoring that it may have been started by some fridge co.
So folks, one of our first ever happy house rules was start with a corner – this weekend I challenge you to start with a particular corner – your fridge. Give it a loving clean out, wipe it down with some baking soda and water, and fill it up with some things that make you smile inside and out. Commit to adding things that make you smile and keep your body healthy. Heck, maybe go one step further and invite a friend round for something that’s in the fridge.
Challenge over, off you toddle to start!
And now for some prettiness to keep you inspired ’til next week (and lest you feel bad about your own spaces, remember most spaces below usually don’t like this, it’s only when stylists swoop in, stuff is removed and photographers do some nice cropping),
Natalie (+ Tip)
- “The dream of a house can be the eternally postponed preliminary step to taking up the lives we wish we were living.” Rebecca Solnit on Brainpickings. [YES! Start your sanctuary now! Go clean your fridge!]
- This kitchen (and place)
- What are your pet peeves? Illustrated by Emily McDowell
- Uber office entrance. Great inspiration for a kitchen, too.
- Linda Lomelino’s Instagram feed
- Let’s go to fibre artist Nike Shroeder’s thread show
- This corner
- This wedding dress.
- These rooms here + here (above) by Emily Henderson for FigHouse – spied on Designlovefest.
- Everyone needs a swing in the living room. (OK maybe you don’t but sometimes I do)
- Pelle’s Stilinspiration moodboard
Happy Fridge Day – Happy Weekend!
PS If you take up our challenge, let us know! In fact, show us too: take a before and after and tag us on instagram @apartmentdiet